>casper....@sun.com wrote:
>

>> I agree (though I also use, incorrectly names, maxdepth and mindepth *)
>>

>> Casper
>>

>> * A proper find option would be "-filedepth +/-[num]"
>
>Unless you are able to explain this, I prefer -maxdepth and -mindepth
>and  I even implemented it in libfind + sfind three years ago.

All options in find which take a numeric argument, work like this:

        +n   - more than n
         n   -  exactly n
        -n   - less than n

(size, ctime/mtime/links/ etc)

There is NO numeric argument except when a particular object is identified
(inum, group, user, etc)

So I believe that the proper option would have been "filedepth"  (depth was
already taken)

        file -filedepth n  (same as "find -maxdepth n -mindepth n")
        file -filedepth -n  (same as "find -maxdepth n-1")
        file -filedepth +n  (same as "find -mindepth n+1")

Casper