I hope this doesn't come over as just more carping, but I'm wondering
if any developers are actively working on making the console login
evironment more efficient?

Are there already ways available to make the console a place where
work can get done quickly and efficiently?

Maybe somekind of framebuffer type setup to allow higher resolutions?

In the default state lines take nearly 1/3 inch of realistate.  Just
huge, not allowing a more usable amount of text to appear at once.

Then too, having no mouse to grab stuff out of the scrollback buffer
seems a big hinderance to getting things done quickly and
efficiently.

In fact, there appears to be no scrollback buffer in console mode.  Or
at least I'm not seeing how to access it.

There must be skilled users who work in console mode extensivley,
maybe someone can give me some tips.