Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
Dennis Keane wrote:
I'm currently running OS 11/2008 and would like to upgrade to build 108.

I'm trying to add in the development repository into Package Manager and can't.

I'm using this URL:  http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev

The Add button remains Greyed Out. Do I need to add a port number like the SunFreeware repository? http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000/
Or do I have to specify which version I want?

The pkg.opensolaris.org/dev page shows 0.5.11-0.108 as the current release. If I was to select this as the repository, if I could, and then click on the Update All button wouldn't this do the trick? AND also create a new BE so I could roll back?

Thanks in Advance
Dennis
Hi

I think you are having the same problem I had.

What is output of "pkg authority"?

This was the recipe to solve the issue:

  It's because, although you've added dev/, you've not made it the
  preferred authority for your opensolaris.org packages.

  pfexec pkg unset-authority Dev
pfexec pkg set-authority -O http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev opensolaris.org
  pfexec pkg refresh --full

  should get you onto the development builds.

Regards

mg.

Here's how I'm set:
->pkg authority
AUTHORITY                           URL
SunFreeware                         http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000/
opensolaris.org (preferred)         http://pkg.opensolaris.org/release/

In my case I can't add /dev at all. If I could then I'd make it the preferred repository...

Funny thing as I'm reading your e-mail I decided to try again and it seems to work now...
->pkg authority
AUTHORITY                           URL
SunFreeware                         http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000/
opensolaris.org (preferred)         http://pkg.opensolaris.org/release/
OpenSolaris.org.Dev                 http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/
->

It looks like it's being finicky about the NAME... I had been using 'Open Solaris Dev'

IAE, now I should be able to run an Update All with my current setting to make sure that I'm up to date. Then switch my repository, and default to the Dev and run another Update All which should upgrade me to the b108 release...
If I'm not satisfied I should be able to reboot back into my existing BE...

Thanks for the info... I should be able to proceed now.
Dennis