This is exactly what I have done now, but doing a
getent group linuxadmin

shows me only:

r...@filer2:~# getent passwd fm1007
fm1007:x:10023:10000002:Florian Manschwetus:/home/fm1007:/bin/bash
r...@filer2:~# getent group linuxadmin
LinuxAdmin::1000000:

On my linux machine (configured in the same way):
trac:~# getent passwd fm1007
fm1007:*:10023:10000002:Florian Manschwetus:/home/fm1007:/bin/bash
trac:~# getent group linuxadmin
LinuxAdmin:*:1000000:schnitt,fm1007,jschroed,erwin

my ldap config script:

cat ldapclientconfig.sh
#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/ldapclient -v manual \
-a credentialLevel=self \
-a authenticationMethod=sasl/GSSAPI \
-a defaultSearchBase=DC=ntdom,DC=changed,DC=de \
-a domainName=ntdom.changed.de \
-a defaultServerList=dc1,dc2 \
-a defaultSearchScope=sub \
-a attributeMap=passwd:gecos=displayname \
-a attributeMap=passwd:homedirectory=unixHomeDirectory \
-a objectClassMap=shadow:shadowAccount=user \
-a objectClassMap=group:posixGroup=group \
-a objectClassMap=passwd:posixAccount=user \
-a serviceSearchDescriptor=group:ou=Groups,dc=ntdom,dc=changed,dc=de?sub \
-a serviceSearchDescriptor=passwd:ou=Accounts,dc=ntdom,dc=changed,dc=de?sub

I really need a hint.

thx,
florian