Paul,

Thank you for your advice, I just added "set ddi_msix_alloc_limit = 8" to the bottom of /etc/system, but doesn't work, still 2 vectors. Do I need to do something extra in my interrupt allocation code? Is there any code in OpenSolaris can be a good reference?

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Durrant" <pdurr...@gmail.com>
To: "Tom Chen" <chento...@hotmail.com>
Cc: "Liu, Jiang" <jiang....@intel.com>; "Aubrey Li" <aub...@opensolaris.org>; <opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] MSIX interrupt allocation

Tom Chen wrote:

To allocate more than two MSI-X interrupts for a device on x86 system, you may use kmdb or /etc/system to override value of ddi_msix_alloc_limit.(I haven't test it, just in theory it should work.)

I've run with the override in /etc/system for a while now and it's fine. One other thing to check... make sure that 'apic_intr_policy' is set to 1 (this seems to be the default in the source these days, it used to be zero) to make sure that your interrupts are distributed across CPUs.

  Paul