> I have many iSCSI volumes on my X4540, on a stock configuration, the
> performance sucks. You really need a DRAM based ZFS log device, or to
> disable the ZIL (which is what we did).
> Otherwise, NFS and iSCSI performance will be awful.

Since my last set of testing, I ended up installing NexentaStor on the same
hardware, disabled the ZIL, and did some other tweaks, and am seeing
performance on par or *exceeding* my much more expensive purpose-built
Equallogic array.  Even with disabling the ZIL with OpenSolaris, I still had
far less performance than I'm seeing here.

I have yet to use the COMSTAR iSCSI version in NexentaStor as it's not working
in 1.1.5 (supposed to be fixed next week in 1.1.6) but that's supposed to be
even faster.

Considering trying NexentaCore to see if the same performance can be had there
as well.