On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 22:55 -0700, Ché Kristo wrote:
> I am curious as to why these packages aren't in the opensolaris IPS
> repositories, is it due to patent concerns or just lack of interest on
> the part of Sun?

Sun is funding the FUSE effort now (previously it wasn't). FUSE will
have its inception review at PSARC soon. We are planning on integrating
sshfs and ntfs-3g around the same time. One reason we haven't been
releasing pre-built packages (for FUSE, ntfs-3g, sshfs, ...) is because
it is still under development. There are a number of serious bugs
(particularly around locking) which can cause panics, data corruption
etc. These will be resolved before integration to Nevada. FUSE
discussion happens on fuse-disc...@opensolaris.org.

-M