Alan Coopersmith writes:
> Martin Bochnig wrote:
> > Be also aware, that IBM supported Nazi-Germany's dead-camps, by
> > selling the needed information technology to them:
>
> It's highly unlikely anyone working at IBM in the late 1930's/early 1940's
> is still working there.   Blaming the current IBM employees for the actions
> of some of their predecessors makes no more sense than blaming everyone in
> Germany today for the horrific actions taken by some of the people who were
> there 70 years ago.    So like Jim, I don't see any real relevance to
> current events there.

Actually, that's not quite what Jim was saying.  He was saying that he
sees no relevance whatsoever to this list, at least at this point in
time.

I'll leave questions of collective guilt and the historical record for
those better equipped to answer them.  Fortunately, we needn't resolve
them here ... as they're still quite glaringly off-topic.

--
James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <james.d.carl...@sun.com>