I'm not 100% sure about this because I'm just a random clueless guy trolling
these forums and not a real expert on Sun products, but I think almost all of
the newer Sun Fire servers (anything in the x4000 series) have a feature called
ILOM (Integrated Lights Out Manager) that might be what you are looking for and
this feature is wicked cool because the server can actually be powered off for
a few days or so, but even though the server is turned off, there's a special
ILOM network card, and if that card is connected to the internet, you can
remotely log into the ILOM network card of the "turned off" server and securely
authenticate with an https web page in your browser. This web page that opens
up can show you things like the temperatures of all the different parts of the
server (including the hard disk drives, I think), and you can also turn on or
reboot the powered-off server remotely through this web page and get a KVM
running inside the web page that allows you to go in a
 nd change the BIOS settings and do almost anything else remotely that you
would normally do by connecting a physical keyboard and monitor up to the
server.

The best part of all is that I've heard rumors that you can even mount the
CD-ROM drive from your laptop at home on the remote server and re-install the
operating system remotely through the ILOM card if your internet connection is
fast enough.

If you're interested you can read more about it here:

http://blogs.sun.com/bigadmin/entry/server_administration_from_the_beach

http://www.sun.com/systemmanagement/ilom.jsp

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/ilom_overview.jsp

Some of the customers in the data center where I work use this kind of Sun dual
Opteron hardware for their Linux and Windows Server 2003 machines and they
pretty much never need a reboot (they can reboot it themselves via ILOM) and
they never need to ever visit the data center (they can re-install the OS and
change the BIOS remotely).

It's a really good product and way better IMO than the crappy management cards
in those P.O.S. Dell "Electricity Vampire" servers.