I think it's a horrible, horrible mistake. I have worked for IBM, I have had to work with them as a vendor, and doing either has become something that I seek to avoid. I would not recommend them to anyone as a vendor, and I sincerely hope that this deal does not go through.
I do not think the deal will provide value for Sun shareholders. Instead I
think that value will be lost, and they will see a loss on their present
investment in the long term. Anyone who thinks otherwise has not done much
basic research into IBM's other corporate and managerial activities, both now
and in the past. One of those activities has been to ask for US $30 billion in
taxpayer aid. This activity is incompatible with Sun shareholder interests, and
those of US citizens.

Talk of a deal has driven off malicious short sellers like tick spray, but so
far that's about the only positive return I see on the horizon for this deal.

Both Sun and IBM's lack of response to potential problems with this idea across
the board from interested communities is very troubling.

Tim Scanlon

BTW - is Sun shareholders in US is capable to have influence on Sun
acquisition/non-acquisition by third party? I have a legal higher
education also, but I don`t have a clue re US legislation.

I mean, here in Ukraine, if shareholders haven`t gave their approval, such
acquisition much probably will not happen.