Hi,

Sodipodi is early inkscape, and I did have it in use from blastwave before, I
have a new machine I am setting up. Skencil is a kde app, and I am not sure how
well it works in gnome.

I have found dia extremely useful in the past, and only after posting did I
think of it again. I also agree that Open Office draw does suffice for most
jobs. Scribus has some pretty good svg capability as well.

It is just that this is about the only thing stopping me being able to be
opensolaris only. I would also like lyx, but can live without it.