On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Alexander Vlasov
<alexander.vla...@sun.com> wrote:
> Currently there are lots of open issues with those notebook models.

With "those"? Which? The Toshiba ones?
I almost exclusively run x64 Laptops now, as server, devel box,
workstation, everything. 24x7x365.
To save electricity.

Wireless driver support for Laptops is not limited to a few chipsets
anymore (in contrast to PCI cards, where only 3 have a driver).
Although, if a driver is missing, port it.
Also built-in card-readers are recognized ok on not all, but at least
"many" Laptops, now.

Xen Hypervisor with full sys virtualisation works (closely watch which
CPU you buy, before you pay).
Everything nice (I'm running snv_105).
(Fujitsu Amilo Althlon 64 X2 QL62 DCx2GHz)
I use Type6 USB keyboard and DVI attached external TFT (No problem,
thanks to RandR).

--
%martin