Fine, we probably have two bugs here:

1. svcs hasn't noticed Xserver crash
2. Xserver dumps core on specific hardware

If it's possible, please try another graphic card; in any case, please save core file somewhere and, if you want to help us to improve, please report those two bugs, attaching core to second one.

Please check svcs gdm (if you're running GDM) or, more generally,
online
svcs -a | grep login
And please check /var/log/Xorg.0.log
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting

I'm using a Radeon HD4550 512MB PCIE DVI graphics card, although I can fall back to the onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics - will try this to see if it gets further.