On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Martin Bochnig <mar...@martux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM, a polite person wrote privately:
>> I seem to think this was an April Fool's joke.
>>

> Ouch
>
> I don't have a smart phone.
> I still have my good old Motorola Razr.
>
> No clue.
> I wondered how this little phone can have a recent x86 chip inside
> (cooling, power/batterie).
>
> Yet I believed it   :-)
>
> Hey, that's not fair.
> One of the reasons why I did believe it was, because a while ago
> Moinak posted on his blog, that he can boot BeleniX off his smart
> phone (different vendor/model). Only off the phone's card's storage.
> Not running it on the phone, but only on the x86 box the phone was
> connected to.
>
> I'm awake 26 hours, good night before I fall into the next trap  ...
>

> --
> %martin

Well, it wasn't stupid nonsense or fantastic fiction, what I had
assumed. I found the news article which I had read a year ago. Even
though it was only based on a rumor. The time of those smartphones is
going to come with Intel's new 45nm "Moorestown"). Soon!

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/226/1042226/iphone-x86

"""Iphone to go x86
Moorestown is fruity
By Charlie Demerjian
Wednesday, 12 March 2008, 14:53

THE IPHONE IS going to go x86 in a year or two, and Moorestown is set
to be the lead vehicle. A year of whispers was finally nailed down a
few days ago with a comment and a slide.

First let me say that the rumour mill has been running amok since the
launch of the Iphone, all based on rabid speculation. The same people
who told the Inq about Apple going Intel before it happened are now
saying Ix86phone. Still, multiple rumour sources are not enough, we
need more evidence."""