Setup: Opensolaris.11 buiid 110

I've wondered if there is an application available for OpenSolaris
that is capable of backup  (incrementally) windows machines across a
network?

My background is linux somay be I just haven't heard of the apps
that can do this.  Or maybe just don't know how to use cmdline tools
that are capable of that.

I recall problems on linux trying to backup windows shares with rsync
where due to windows peculiarities, rsync would be fooled into
thinking files had changed... and every so often would pull the whole
share across as if no files were `uptodate'.

I'm not talking windows vista here, I haven't ventured off into that
mess yet, but windows XP.

I once tried something called `bacula' but the developers had not
gotten the windows client to work very at the time I tried it
(probably about 2 yrs ago) and its a rather complex application to
learn.  Is it even available on OpenSolaris?

I'd like to just quit fussing with trying to make windows applications
write the backups to zfs filesystems.  I keep running into problems
with CIFS server and being able to access the zfs shares from the
windows hosts.

I can at times but not reliably like after a reboot I may not be able
to, and haven't been able yet to figure out why.

For example, I've never been able to get the zfs shares to show up in
the windows applet `network places' (once was `network neighborhood').

I can access zfs shares from windows hosts if I type them in by hand
(sometimes) but some windows apps expect to be able to navigate to the
shares through Network Places'.  Not earth shaking but it makes
another little problem, not having the shares show up in `network
places' like all other (non-opensolaris) shares do.

I'm not posting for answers to those problem (although that would also
be welcome) but now looking to just skirt that problem altogether and
come at it from the other end.  Using an application or command line
tools to do the work from OpenSolaris.

Is it possible to mount windows shares on a zpool and do zfs
snapshots, mount again in 3 days and snapshot again etc?