New OpenSolaris 2009.06 install. I installed several 64 bit systems, bare metals and virtual machines, all don't have the 32 bit version of this file. Also installed 111a on a 32 bit system, and the 32 bit version is present on that system.

Lurie Wrote:
Installed OpenSolaris 2009.06 build 111a on a 64 bit
system. Found that file /kernel/genunix doesn't exist. While on build 111, that file is still there.

Is this a problem or a new feature?

Is it a new install or upgrade ? It definitely should be there as it's a part
of SUNWckr package (I'm running 111a and both /kernel/genunix and
/kernel/amd64/genunix are present)