Jerry,

You do not need to have graphics card if x-server is enabled, you can get same graphics using vnc-viewer through network. To enable x-server, we can use ssh or telnet to access the box, modify some files and run some scripts, so, graphics card is not needed. See http://blog.hellpop.com/2009/01/opensolaris-vnc-server.html, however, this method does not work in recent OpenSolaris Express releases. I do not know why Sun changed again without alternative solution which confused its users.

Tom
----- Original Message ----- From: "jerry tan" <jerry....@sun.com>
To: "Tom Chen" <chento...@hotmail.com>
Cc: "Halton Huo" <halton....@sun.com>; <opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org>
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] Setup VNC on OpenSolaris

Hi, tom,
if you have no graphics card, how to start Xserver , and start xvn client to connect it?

On 04/21/09 02:31, Tom Chen wrote:
Halton,

Yes, it works! But unfortunately, some of my servers do not have graphics card, so, have no video output. Is there any script that I can use instead?

Tom
----- Original Message ----- From: "Halton Huo" <halton....@sun.com>