Ivan Ordonez writes:
> I did get the manual entry for "pkg" and "beadm" command.  I will look into
> it and see if these packages can help me.  I have 3 harddrive on the machine
> and I want to make a clone of my boot environment, put it on the second disk.
>  Sort of like making an image of one drive to another.

It's not quite the same.

The old (and encumbered) LU code was built around disk slices, so the
underlying implementation just did a mkfs followed by a massive
find|cpio to copy bits around.  The new beadm is built around ZFS, so
it's *MUCH* faster (it just snapshots the file system), but it doesn't
work the way you're expecting.

Your best bet is probably to do what most of the rest of us do: set up
a ZFS mirror for the bootable dataset (usually named "rpool"), and
then use 'installgrub' to make sure you've got both disks made
bootable.

(Incidentally, the newest LU on SXCE and S10 also supports ZFS, and
also does the snapshot trick.  So it's much faster and more usable
there, but doesn't quite have the same conceptual simplicity as you're
describing.)

--
James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <james.d.carl...@sun.com>