Andrew,

With that in mind how would a user find out which package has the given program in it.

So, I want "gimp" how do I know which package it is in??

Andrew

russell aspinwall wrote:
Hi,

At present I have both OpenSolaris 2009.06 and Solaris Express CE b114 running on my computer within VirtualBox clients. Comparing the two environments OpenSolaris 2009.06 is missing desktop applications such as GIMP and many others compared to SXCE b114. I tried to add GIMP via the Package Manager, while gimpprint exists gimp does not.

The gimp package is confusingly called SUNWgnome-img-editor on OpenSolaris, so install it like this:

pfexec pkg install SUNWgnome-img-editor

Cheers,

Andrew.