Joe Muddiman wrote:
I'm just starting out using OpenSolaris, so forgive me if this seems like an
obvious question, but having a look through the resources on here and a couple
of forum searches I'm none the wiser.

I could probably do with a new wireless card in my PC at the moment - the one I
have has never been too good.  However, is there any recommended, reasonably
priced 802.11g cards that can be plugged in (PCI would be the best) and
instantly recognised by the OS without the need for (seemingly) endless
configuration?  It'd be helpful if the card's driver supported WPA as well.

I don't have a specific brand an model, apologies.  Atheros chip
sets seem to work well with OpenSolaris and Solaris, so I'd steer
that way.  You might have to dig into specs some.

Hmmm, I do see this on the Hardware Compatability List, though:

AR242x 802.11 agb Wirless PCI Express Adapter

Rob T