From my limited understanding, DHCP macros should be available on other systems running as DHCP servers. How to add the macro in will depend on the OS, but ideally your IT folks will know how to do it. If it's Solaris, dhtadm or dhcpmgr. If it's something else, there should be another tool or GUI to add it in.

-Keith

Jenny wrote:
Have been struggling to install OpenSolaris SPARC on my machine for a few days.

I’ve followed the instructions
(http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/2009.06/AIinstall) to make sure wanboot
is supported on the client machine; install server (X86 system with latest
OpenSolaris 2009.06) is configured with static IP, etc.

The problem I am facing is that I had to set up the macro (as stated in the output of installadm create-service command) on the DHCP server to point to the install SPARC image on my OpenSolaris X86 install server. Since we already have the DHCP server in our corporate LAN, I need to ask our IT guys for help.
My question is what I should ask them to add to the configuration of the DHCP server,
which is very unlikely to be a Solaris machine. Thus no dhcpmgr or dhtadm is available to
add the "macro".

Thanks a lot,

Jenny