John DeHart wrote:
> So is there anything I can do to help speed the process along?

We'd actually not been working much on it lately since there didn't
seem to be much interest, given that OpenSolaris on SPARC has only
one supported card with 3-D acceleration (the XVR-2500).

Unfortunately right now, our lawyers seem to be highly distracted by work
on the complex legal details of the proposed acquisition, so I don't know
when we'll be able to get them to work on determining what we have to
do to be able to release OpenGL in compliance with the contracts/licenses
we have for IP from other companies contained within it.

SUNWglrt is of course available in SVR4 packages in the Solaris Express
Community Edition downloads, though to install on OpenSolaris, you'd need
to workaround the replacement of /usr/openwin with a link - such as is
shown for the Motif package in:
http://wiki.sun-rays.org/index.php/SRSS_4.1_on_OpenSolaris_2008.11#Motif

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com