Marc Glisse wrote:
Upgrading GCCfss to 4.4.0 is included in our plans.

Hello,

I am definitely not a lawyer, but it seems to me that the new "GCC runtime library
exception" adopted in gcc-4.4 was written specifically so that things like gccfss
are forbidden unless you opensource the backend with an appropriate license.

I passed this info on to the person who handles our legal approvals. Thanks for the heads up on the new license.

George

Did I misunderstand it, or does your upgrade plan include the opensourcing of
part of Sun Studio? That would be really nice...