Cyril Plisko wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Jim Grisanzio<jim.grisan...@sun.com> wrote:
When was your Project set up? And on what list was it approved? Projects are
proposed/discussed/approved on Community Group lists first, and then
Facilitators or Leaders send the approvals to project-setup to be created.

That is clearly not the case. Where and when ARM porting project was
discussed ? It appeared of nowhere.
For the first week or so it was on this list of orphaned projects as
well. Now it lists Emerging Platform as endorsing community, however,
there was no discussion EP community core contributors about endorsing
this project.

What is the value of procedures if we are not following them ?

I took over the project-setup process back in January of this year and I have been following that process above since then (and actually for years I have been following that process for OSUG projects). The ARM project had already been set up but hidden for six months prior to me getting on to project-setup and taking over from Eric/Linda, so I am not sure about all the early history. However, I worked with William Kucharski to change the name of the ARM project due to a trademarks issue in January, and I worked with Koji Uno to get the project opened most recently. During the discussions I had with Bill in January, he forwarded me the original proposal so if you have any issues, it would be best if you follow up with him since he would know the history prior to me getting involved.

These long "hidden" projects tend to cause confusion as time goes by. I have multiple examples of this. That will not be a problem on the new site because there will be no "hidden" projects. Projects will be opened in the open and populated with content and source in the open. In fact, that`s what I do now. When a project approval comes to project-setup, I open it right away and I keep all the threads in the process for documentation.

Jim
--
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris/