On Jun 21, 2009, at 12:17 AM, Kevin Kammer wrote:
Has anyone else installed a SunStudioExpress update, and found that cc was moved someplace completely unreferenced by any default PATH or link?

It's easy enough to fix manually, but I think IPS is supposed to make what it installs or updates available by default, no? I would report this as a bug if I can confirm that it happens to anyone else but me.

From what I understand, this was an intentional change so that you could have both sunstudio and sunstudioexpress installed.

Since two packages can't claim the same symlink, only one can have it.

You can file an RFE or related bug under opensolaris -> packaging if you think something else should be done.

Although, I think the long-term plan is to provide a mechanism for the user to select the default cc when you have multiple versions installed.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker