Hello,

it seems since I've exported one of my zfs filesystems for Windows usage using
CIFS, I've discovered a lot of strange DNS traffic asking for hosts like
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs and _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.localdomain. The problem is it
does it again and again (like in infinite loop). Recently I've switched to
using DNS cache on localhost and to my surprise idmapd now starts to consume
around 15% of one CPU core. As I'm not able to tcpdump local traffic on OS
2009.06 I guess this is still the same issue.

My question is: is there any workaround how to convince idmapd to not ask DNS
at least that often for the hosts names above? BTW: The system I'm running on
is OS 2009.06.

Thanks!
Karel