I have been using OpenSolaris now for almost a year and I also have Solaris 10
and SXCE on some other computers just to learn more about the OS.  My main
computers all run OpenSolaris.

I don't know anything about servers or sparc chips and all that, I just use
OpenSolaris as a desktop OS.  The learning curve was tough at first but now I
think that I have the hang of most of the things that I need to do to get the
OS where it needs to be to be a decent OS of the desktop.

I think that it would be a very good idea to produce a Tutorial for new
OpenSolaris users who wish to use it for a desktop OS.  Many of the things in
it could be obvious, like fire up the IPS and get more software but other
things are not so obvious like Register for the extras repository or be sure to
use the PKG version of Adobe Reader instead of the Bin.

I would like to get started on this and I want to post it in a way that would
allow others who know more about the OS than I do to be able to edit it and
help out if they wish.  In it we could include some simple Terminal commands
that they can learn how to use but also show them how to use the GUI to not
have to deal with the terminal as much as most instructions for Solaris on the
internet suggest.