from my point of view, they are not going to kill solaris neither
opensolaris, but get all the nice functionalities to build a real OS, and
not just copy RHEL, that for sure, they know what people are talking about
this copy, and for sure they won't be stand doing nothing.
For me the chances to keep solaris and opensolaris are more valid and
understandable than keeping "their linux".
they are just saying that linux is the best because they released their
version, because as you all know, oracle always said that solaris is the
best OS to run oracle db(just an example). now that they have solaris, it's
going to be even better, and they will come back to say the same as some
years ago.

that's my opinion.