John Martin <john.m.mar...@sun.com> writes:

> On the top status bar starting from the right is the date/time.
> The icon next to that is the sound level.  Next to that is the
> connection properties icon.  The image is of a standard ethernet
> connector.  Right click on that and choose properties.

Egad... I took the word `top' in your Original replay to mean the
application TOP.  Brain dead today.

I see what you are referring to now... You meant the top of the gnome
window display.

But that is not going to be very useful.  It appears to be recording
all data movement since the beginning of time. (or uptime)

I want to see data moving in specific connections in real time.