Hi all,

Using snv_117 (clean install)  also tried under OpenSolaris 2009.06

I used to have a LeadTek WinFast GTX 295 graphics card. It was recognized correctly as a dual GPU nvidia card in nvidia-config and ran Compiz beautifully. Unfortunately, the card had some (other) issues and I had to exchange it for an evga GTX 295 CO-OP card. Now when I log in, all I get is a white screen. When I spin the cube, it turns and I can see it spin but the faces of the virtual desktops and all windows are white and it spins very slowly. Also, nvidia-config thinks it's not an nvidia card and GLX isn't loaded.

I've even tried using my own /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (Xorg -configure and tailored manually as well as with nvidia-xconfig) and that doesn't work. My keyboard ends up screwed up typing a random number of jiberish with every keystroke.

I've also downloaded the latest nvidia drivers from their Website.

Can anyone shed some light on my predicament?

Regards,
Steve