Currently I have a 150G drive in an e-machines pc with 2G of memory and have
one internal NIC and pci NIC's.  It's a single CPU machine.  Using OpenSolaris
2009.06.

I have a number of vnic and etherstub devices setup and have 5 VirtualBox
instances running in non-global zones each running an instance of FreeBSD.
Because of the setup the system is sluggish, but not so much due to memory, but
due to CPU exhaustion.

If I had an X2250 or another server that has 2 CPU's and 2 cores, what problems
would I have to move the current hard drive into the X2250?  I know the NIC
driver would change but the two zones using afe0 and rtls0 currently could be
changed to use bge0/1 or whatever driver is in the new machine.

I've done a swap in the past on Sun Fire servers using Solaris 9 on sparc.

Other than the NIC changes would there be anything else that would prevent a
swap to a new machine?