I created a clone from the most recent snapshot of a filesystem, the clone's
parent filesystem was the same as the snapshot itself. When I did a rollback to
a previous snapshot it erased my clone. Yes it was really stupid to keep the
colne on the same filesystem, I was tired and wasn't thinking clearlt, new to
this ZFS stuff. I did it in the web console gui, otherwise I would propably
have had chance to think twice before using "zfs destroy -R ..." at command
line.

Is there any way to recover a destroyed clone / snapshot. Is there any file
carving / recovery tools for ZFS?

below is extract from zfs history:

2009-08-05.07:55:30 zfs snapshot data/var-...@screwed-01
2009-08-05.07:56:08 zfs clone data/var-...@screwed-01
data/var-opt/screwed-01-clone
2009-08-05.07:56:40 zfs rollback -R -f data/var-...@patches-03

I want either data/var-...@screwed-01 or data/var-opt/screwed-01-clone

The boot environment saved me but ZFS snapshot/rollback cost me dearly, lost
emails from 16 July onwards.