Good evening all,

2008.11 just caused too many issues with my hardware, so I took a sabbatical.

Now after the 2009 Release, I'm giving O.S. another look.

Before on 2008.11, I got the multimedia apps I needed from lifewithsolaris.jp,
now, there is no multimedia there.

If I port, I need to have the ability to listen to my sound library, some of
which I have converted from vinyl. Think Woodstock, (although I was somewhere
else((Vietnam Era Vet)).

Some of it is in flac, wmv, mpeg4, the whole gauntlet of formats.

Question:
What is the new mechanism of enabling a movie player and a sound player, and
installing the proper codecs for each in Open Solaris?

This is my only question/issue to overcome, and I'll move the shops machine
over first.

Thank you sincerely,

Dave babb