On 08/14/09 07:46, rudro wrote:
I am trying to do static link aggregation  using a Netgear switch.Open solaris
System  has an aggregation that consists of two interfaces, bge0 and bge1. These
interfaces are connected to the switch through aggregated ports. If both links are
connected,  in Netgear, traffic is only on one link & BW is limited to one
link. Do all switched do load balancing between links within static aggregation
group, and if so, what might my problem be?
Thanks

My Netgear GS716T works fine with link aggregations. Both with bge and e1000g interfaces on systems. Off-hand, I don't know what their hashing policy is. I am running version 1.1.6.

I may try to verify some more how it is spreading since I was thinking about a blog write-up on VLANs and aggregations anyway.

Steffen