Since the EOL announcement, I've been thinking of how I should do the migration
for my SOHO server.  This V20z box provides all services for the external and
internal networks (file server, mail server, backup server, etc.).  It has been
running OpenSolaris since snv_49 and I've been happily using Live Upgrade
flawlessly over the years.  I'm currently up to snv_110.

I have the setup this way...

Two main drives,each having two identical partitions: a small ufs one for root
and the rest in a zfs mirror pool holding the user home directories and
/usr/local where all of the home-built programs reside (xjed, dirvish, most,
qmail, mailfront, spanmdyke, web pages, etc.).

The second zfs pool consists of 5 external drives in raid-z.  This holds the
backups for all networked machines.

My thought is that I want to migrate to OpenSolaris using a zfs root on the
entire disk and minimize downtime.  My first thought is to do it this way:

* stop the mail and web services
* do a "final" disaster backup to the raid-z pool
* export the raid-z pool.
* break the mirror (how?) and then export this pool.
* install OpenSolaris on one full drive (At this point there is no turning back)
* attach the old mirrored drive back as a mirror (using the full disk)
* import the other pool
* copy all the appropriate files from the backup
* configure and start the services.

Anyone see any flaws or can suggest improvements to my approach?

Is there a reason why I should wait for the next OpenSolaris official release
before starting this?

Thanks.
Gary