On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Peter Tribble<peter.trib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Glenn Lagasse<glenn.laga...@sun.com> wrote:
>> * casper....@sun.com (casper....@sun.com) wrote:

> And the pendulum has swung way too far.

Ermm.. excuse my ignorance or gmail mangling up this thread but...
what does this have to do with Oracle 10g?
I have about 20 emails in this thread and i was kinda hoping someone
would ask how to install Oracle 10g on Solaris 5.11 and someone else
would answer but all I see mentioned is what should be possible on the
OS install time and what should not be...

Anyway, just my two cents about installing 100s of servers without
interaction, isnt that why there are things like Jumpstart and other
fancy tools, I don't see the fuzz really...

Or I am just tired, that's also possible. Anyway, if a way to install
Oracle was mentioned in this thread, feel free to copy/paste me that
off-list cause I seriously can't find it and I'd be very interested in
knowing how to get that working cause I don't think it's officialy
supported by Oracle and I don't think it will be...

Cheers,

Patrick