Opensolaris is appropriate for desktop use and server use as per the
link:http://www.opensolaris.com/learn/(read the first sentence of second
paragraph.) I want to use open solaris as a desktop and server machine because
i am also a developer. I want to use open solaris purely as a desktop that
should outsmart ubuntu and windows(Is this a worst request?). I still wonder
and don't understand that an operating system with longest and greatest history
can not work as good desktop machine as windows operating system. I want to use
ubuntu as desktop for normal computer use and opensolaris as server for my
development use.