os means open solaris.
os is used on virtual box(vb). But, you missed one thread in help
forum(undetected ntfs partitions ). I found os on vb very slow. So, i
uninstalled os and vb. I made all my partitions primary using some win app
software. I installed os on one of the partitions. So, there is no virtual box
now.
I said abt ubuntu and os in the view of moving to these operating systmes from
windows. I thought sole dependency on windows is bad. So, I want to use ubuntu
and os both to remove the dependency on any single operating sys. Regarding
servers, as I am java developer, I use visual svn server for src repository and
tomcat/weblogic(can be any java based server in future) for my dev work.  I
want to use ubuntu as primary desktop and secondary server and open solaris as
primary server and secondary desktop.