ken mays wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The actual Xorg RadeonHD 2D driver support for the ATI Radeon HD
> 5870/5850/5770/5750 graphic cards is not implemented yet.
>
> I usually test ATI graphic boards with the latest OpenSolaris distros and
> have had success in 2D support for the latest ATI graphic cards. I've had
> success in 2D resolutions up to 1920x1080.
>
> OSOL-snv_126 does not have official 2D driver support for those specific
> cards yet. I'm hoping this will be implemented by OSOL-snv_129 but this
> is based on announcements from the Xorg RadeonHD team.

If it's not implemented yet, the odds of it being written, debugged, and
released in a stable release upstream before our build 129 code freeze in
three weeks are basically 0.   We are planning to upgrade to the stable
xf86-video-radeonhd 1.3 release around that time, but that's it.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com