I'm thinking of creating a ZFS iscsi target for use as a storage respository
for my virtual servers. This is going to be in a production environment so
needs to be HA. I intend to have two (or more) targets that replicate pools
between each other so if one fails, I can simply point the virtual server to
use the remaining target.

However I have noticed this server (S3-DSS-XL+)
http://www.rackservers.com/Configurator.aspx?S=949
which has dual redundant disk controllers and as such would provide an added
level of redundancy.

The question is, would Solaris see one instance of the disks, or would it
report each one twice, since they will be connected to both controllers at the
same time.

Anyone got any experience in this arena, is this at all possible ?