>Yes Casper. This is not open source application.
>Rather it is Server administration application and while installing, it
>checks for server id
>to check whether installation is done on supported server system.
>My doubt is that server ids are stored in predefine memory location of
>particular server and
>installer script tries to read those memory using /dev/mem.
>
>Do you have any input on this?

Without knowing exactly what it does, it is difficult to "fake" this.

But typically, when systems look into kernel memory they have a list of
kernel symbols, a path to open the kernel symbol list and the pathname to
the memory.  The application will use nlist to translate the names to
addresses and then it will seek to /dev/mem.

Not too difficult to fake that but I'm afraid that is what you need to do.

Casper