Dr. Robert Pasken wrote:
> Actually I think there are quite a few of us sparc users who would rather not
> give up performance and reliability for the really lackluster performance and
> problems associated with Solaris-X86 and intel in general

For desktop usage, I can't imagine you can get any SPARC workstation
to outperform a Ultra 27 Nehalem system.   It's not a fair comparison
since there hasn't been a new SPARC workstation model in years, so
you're stuck comparing a 1.2Ghz UltraSPARC IIIi with a 8-way 3.0 Ghz
Intel Core i7, but my Ultra 27 absolutely blows away my Sun Blade 2500.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com