This one has been driving me crazy for a couple of hours. I have been running
OpenSolaris 2009.6 in a bare metal install from the provided CD. I just
installed the NetBeans 6.6 using the package installer. I want to move my
NetBeans development from Windows to Solaris. I get this error when executing
the netbeans startup script.  This is the portion of the script:
    if [ -x /bin/bash ]
    then
        sh=/bin/bash
    fi
    if [ "${founduserdir}" = "yes" ]; then
        exec $sh "$nbexec" "$@"
    else
        exec $sh "$nbexec" --userdir "${userdir}" "$@"
    fi
It looks like this when I execute:
rmoni...@dell690:/usr/netbeans/bin$ ./netbeans
/bin/bash: : No such file or directory
rmoni...@dell690:/usr/netbeans/bin$ file /bin/bash
/bin/bash:      ELF 32-bit LSB executable 80386 Version 1 [FPU], dynamically
linked, stripped

Any suggested before I slink back to Windows to do my NetBeans work?
I tried it as root. I tried changing it to /usr/bin/bash (where it really
lives), I tried commenting it out and the error moved to sh.