Hi,

I have had no problems image-updating via IPS over my slow and flaky
internet connection at home. Having had a lot of experience with SVR4 packages, I can assure you IPS is far far better.

One problem I did run into was related to timeouts. Have you set the PKG_CLIENT_TIMEOUT=900 (or greater) environment variable ?

Vikram

Chad Welsh wrote:
I guess there is a limit to how much you can update at one time when using
Opensloaris 1002 b127 or any other Opensloaris version? If I try to install
large packages like Openoffice, Java 7 runtime or I figure anything over 10MB
or so the Package Manager fails to download the entire queue. Am I missing
something or is SVR4 just more reliable? Everyone is on the IPS bandwagon but
it is rolling like a conestoga wagon.  Also I did not misspell Opensloaris it
is intentional.

Now to figure how to get the firewire drivers from Sloaris-Linux b127 and
compile them to the miniroot from SX:CE b127 for a real operating environment
experience.

Ah another update just failed as I tried to finish this post and now to find
out which package is to big for the weak IPS infrastructure.