At the moment, for packages in the main repo (/release, /dev), the package
creator gets no choice or control - package versions are assigned by the
SVR4 -> IPS conversion, and the team doing that hasn't researched each of
the thousand packages to find what version number to publish or make sure
they stay up to date.

This should improve as the consolidations start being converted to generate
the IPS packages directly, and they can then set the versions themselves
when creating the packages.

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com