Some update, the board did come back working again after I installed Ubuntu
9.10 and loaded the nVidia driver, even though I am concerned about the
stability.

This time, it seems to be working much nicer. I tried the same scenario, I can
still boot into Ubuntu or 2008.11 after failed b130 USB image.

I tried to use a external USB DVD-ROM with the b130 iso image, which works
correctly. Maybe there is an issue for the USB image?

Anyhow, this is still a mystery to me, at this point, b130 live CD load
correctly and nVidia display driver is loaded correctly. I will install b130
and test it some more.