Anon Y Mous wrote:
Hey twicklin,

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you guys supporting FreeBSD
and Solaris. A few quick questions:

Has the Bordeaux team ever tried running VLC media player under their version
of Wine with OpenSolaris 2009.06, and if so, is it known to work?

   http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Also, does the Bordeux team support running Mozilla Firefox with Flash and Java
under their version of Wine? The reason I'm asking is because:

(1) Last time I tried on Linux, Firefox ran much faster in Wine than it did
natively (see link below):

http://tuxradar.com/content/browser-benchmarks-2-even-wine-beats-linux-firefox

But what about Firefox on OpenSolaris? I haven't noticed any slowdowns compared to windows.

--
Ian.