Hi

I have seen a "weird" behaviour from bash both under Solaris and Linux, most
likely it is a feature but I can't seem to find the answer with google :-\

I have two scripts

test.sh:
#!/usr/bin/bash
echo "parent"
./child.sh
sleep 120

child.sh:
echo "child
sleep 120

If I run the two scripts like this the child script has the name of the parent
if I look in top or ptree. like this:
    3963  /usr/lib/ssh/sshd
      3965  -bash
        3978  /bin/bash ./test.sh
          3982  /bin/bash ./test.sh

if I include the #!/usr/bin/bash in the child as well I get what I expect
    3963  /usr/lib/ssh/sshd
      3965  -bash
        4009  /bin/bash ./test.sh
          4013  /usr/bin/bash ./child.sh

What I haven't been able to google, is why the child process in the first
example inherits the process "name" of the parent..

Does anyone have a good explanation, and possibly a link to some documentation