On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Orvar Korvar
<knatte_fnatte_tja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So I have lots of files with weird characters in the name. Those <F6>, <F4>,
> etc characters are listed as "?", for instance "Making?Food?Recipe.doc". The
> version of CIFS I use, (b125) does not allow listing of files with those
> characters in WinXP clients. I must stay with b125 because of issues in later
> builds.

You might want to set the 'utf8only' property to true, which will
prevent this from happening in the future. It can only be set when the
filesystem is created, however.

If this is volume primarily shared out to Windows or Mac clients via
CIFS, you may want to set the 'casesensitivity' and 'normalization'
properties as well. Both of these can only be set when the filesystem
is created, too.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com