On 02/ 8/10 03:13 PM, Ben wrote:
After attending FOSDEM this weekend I'm interested in contributing to the
OpenSolaris project.
I'm not a brilliant coder, I'm not great with the logic of code and I've only
been taught Java.  But I'm not bad at formatting code and knowing where
comments should and shouldn't be.

Is code fairly clean already?  Could I use my free time to reformat code to
conform to a specific style?  If so how can I download the code for OpenSolaris
and make these changes?  Or would it require me to pick a project within
OpenSolaris (JDS/Kernel/IPS/etc)?

After I've made a change, what do I do to submit the change?

Many thanks, I'd love to start helping out :)

So, welcome to the OpenSolaris community.

To find out more about how to participate, read this page:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Main/participate

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker